Beer Festival...

Posted by Craig Tuesday 4 August 2009

Trip into London tonight to go to the beer festival at Earls Court. It's funny to go to a place that normally hosts shows like 'homeshow' but this time actually holding a large drinking festival. Had a good time out with friend from University and a couple of (great) people I'd met for the first time. I have to be thankful that it is so easy to get in/out of London from Cambridge.

London was really horrible weather-wise today. A typical muggy August day. I got into Waterloo station and sat in Starbucks finishing off some work I needed to send off before I clocked off. As I sat I felt as if I was going to pass out it was so humid. Days like this I am thankful that I don't work in London (though of course there are many days when I wish I did!).

Classic quote of the night with people discussing mother-in-laws. Sometimes some people just come out with a phrase that out-trumps any possible comment. In this case, quote of the night being "well at least your mother-in-law doesn't urinate on the carpet!", we laughed !

2 comments

  1. Kay Says:
  2. I was with my fiance's mother and sister and the sister started complaining about HER mother in law, to which the mother replied, "well, that's mother-in-laws for you" - now is that a foot-in-the-mouth faux pas or what?

     
  3. Craig Says:
  4. Now that is funny, I can just hear the stand-up-line "My mother in-law, she's so silly she..."

     

Post a Comment