Local News

Posted by Craig Sunday 9 August 2009 ,

I've blogged about this before, but I really do find local news so amusing. As I walked through Cambridge yesterday I saw the following text at the stall selling newspapers:

"Man found dead in city centre flat"

My immediate thought was running up and writing the following text below:


"hadn't found secret to eternal life"

Why is someone found dead news ? does this not happen very often ? I thought it happened to everyone (at some point) ?

Of course we have the obligatory standard text (I'm sure that's on the clipboard text on the editors computer):

"Guided bus delayed again"

Well that one didn't really come as a surprise to me. I didn't study Civil Engineering at University, but from what I'd seen of the construction site there was absolutely no way it was going to be completed on schedule.

However, what really did annoy me was a comment that locals living close to bus site were disappointed that it wasn't going to be ready on time. What about all the people living in central Cambridge who have been subjected to living on a construction site for the past years so they can have an easier life ?



0 comments

Post a Comment